Open Call: Debutante Ball 2024
The Debutante Ball is a showcase of the latest generation of Dutch animation graduates and an exciting get-together of emerging talents. Kaboom Animation Festival is happy to serve as a platform to connect young talents with more established professionals during Kaboom Industry Days (9-10 April 2024).
The event will take place on the 9th of April at HKU Art University in Utrecht (Oudenoord 700), where a selected group of 10 graduates can present their showreels to our Industry audience and take part in the one-on-one meetings with invited professionals. The debutants will receive a free day pass to the event. Also, The Debutant Award for the best showreel will be granted by an international jury and announced during the Debutante Ball.
Interested? Please fill out our submission form before 6th February 2024 to participate:
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Length of the showreel is maximum 60 seconds.
- For submission we require an online screener.
- For inclusion in our professionals catalogue we need an HD file (NOT A DCP) of your showreel, technical specs are available here.
- Selection of the ten participants for the speed date sessions, will be announced in the third week of February 2024
- Deadline for submission of your HD file is the 29th of February 2024
- When selected for the speed date sessions, you must be available on the 9th of April 2024
TIPS FOR PARTIPATION:
- Think beforehand about what kind of work you would like to do; character animation, motion graphics, background design or something else? Choose the elements of your reel based on this ambition. (Pay attention: you don’t have to make an edit of your work, you can also show a 1 minute clip of your work if fits better with your ambitions, like directing or writing. For all other disciplines we advise a traditional showreel).
- Only use your most recent work (of past two, maximum three years).
- Only use your best work.
- If applicable and possible: mention what you did for the work you’re showing.
- Use music that matches your work best (instead of using music you personally like)
- More tips & tricks: Motional.net & CreativeBlog.com & 3DArtistOnline.com & PremiumBeat.com
For more information, requests or questions please contact us via email: